Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

OPI DS Desire. Also: Bjork

Today was a particularly bright and sunny day... do you ever feel like a sunny day would be wasted if you didn't wear a holographic polish? That was how I felt today. Especially during the winter, when sunshine is at a premium. So today I have OPI Designer Series Desire for you. It's beauty of a holographic polish with a milk chocolate (mmm, chocolate...) base. What you see here is 3 coats of Desire, in direct sunlight. Enjoy!




And a good bottle shot- holographic goodness! 


I also wanted to show you the cover for Bjork's new Biophilia album which I just picked up; isn't it gorgeous? I love the aesthetic. 


Here is the video for the song "Moon". It includes more of what you see above, plus a good look at her nails. What do you think she's wearing? A dark red, but it also seems to have a metallic finish, or maybe gold shimmer? 


Anyways, that's what I've been enjoying today. Bjork, holographic lacquer, and chocolate. I hope that you'll enjoy it, too. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for holo's - and this one is absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! The strong, linear holos are my favourite, and this is a good one. Certainly one I had some trouble tracking down, but in the end I got my hands on it. ;)

      Delete
  2. Pretty. I wish OPI would make more polishes like this now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too- I was so disappointed when the latest Designer Series releases was glitter instead of holographic. Maybe they'll get it together and go back to the holographics for the next DS polishes!

      Delete