Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Orly Nite Owl

Orly Nite Owl (Fall 2011 Birds of a Feather collection) is a polish that I spent a lot of time wavering on from the time I first saw swatches of the collection; months later I finally tracked it down, and I have it for you today.


Oops, let's try that again, shall we? 





Nite Owl is a fairly unique polish, a tan/brown-leaning taupe with strong silver shimmer (almost speckled looking). This was two coats, and the formula was perfection. Very easy to control and apply, dense and pigmented. This is a really nice neutral to have, and I'm glad I finally sprung for it. I also have Sea Gurl, Peachy Parrot, and Fowl Play from the same collection. I like them all, with Fowl Play being the most exceptional and unique one from the bunch. Certainly a collection worth taking a look at!

I'll leave you with a photo I took from my window yesterday morning; I love it when the trees have such a thick layer of frost! It is one of the few things I really look forward to during the winter months. 


12 comments:

  1. Oh, what a wonderful winter photo :)
    And on to the polish - if The Lacquer Tracker cannot track down an Owls Night, then who could LOL
    I always thought it looked a bit meh, but you swatches makes me think differently - it looks really great on you. I love the speckled effect, a bit birds egg like...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like my photo- do you get a lot of winter weather where you are?

    As for the polish, it is a nice variation on a plain creme taupe. The silver shimmer actually makes it look more silvery/grey at times, although it looks quite brown/tan in my pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not really, the 2 last years we had snow for a very, very long time, this winter only 2 weeks so far...
      And congrats with the new followers, that's great :)

      Delete
    2. Usually we are having very long, cold winters where I am (Western Canada), but this year it has been so mild! Still some snow, but with the exception of one week where we had -40 C, it has been quite warm, hovering around -5 to -10. Very unusual.

      And thank you, I'm so excited to have such lovely followers. It's such a nice feeling to know that others are reading my posts. :)

      Delete
  3. This is a really pretty neutral!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a winner in my books- neutral, but still interesting and unique, a perfect formula...

      Thank you for commenting (and following)! :)

      Delete
  4. Hahahaha, dying at the first picture. I love Watchmen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's good stuff. I went as Rorschach for Halloween a couple years ago (before the movie came out), and my costume turned out really well. Hardly anyone knew who I was, but the people who did know were crazy about it. It was also an interesting social experiment because everyone assumed I was a guy. :P Kind of funny, actually.

      Delete
  5. OOOH, Nite Owl is totally a different shade than Maybelline's Metal Icon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely more of a tan shade, although they're both taupe enough for me to love them. ;)

      Delete
  6. Also, I totally LOL after the first picture!!! :D

    ReplyDelete