Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Zoya Harmonie and Nails Inc Bloomsbury Square

I was convinced I would never meet a Zoya I didn't love, but I'd place Zoya Harmonie firmly in the "meh" category. It's not bad, but I'm a little indifferent to it. I've seen prettier purple polishes (say that ten times fast!). Harmonie is a somewhat frosty medium tone purple -not quite as blue as it looks here- and the formula left something to be desired. It was sheer and streaky, and would have required at least three coats to be opaque. What you see here is two, and bald spots were still evident in person.



Luckily, Nails Inc Bloomsbury Square came to the rescue!




I really love the blingy awesomeness of the 3D Nails Inc glitters. Bloomsbury Square is a bit gritty, but with 2 good coats of Seche Vite, it's quite smooth. It was an overcast day here, so I couldn't capture the glittery deliciousness in the sun, but in person, it's a tremendous and wonderful glitterbomb. The mixture of intensely grape-coloured fine glitter and larger bright magenta glitter is amazing. What you see above is 2 coats of Bloomsbury Square over Harmonie. However, even on its own, two coats of the Nails Inc glitter is enough to achieve opacity. This is a closer picture of Bloomsbury Square on the nail:



I love how the smaller and larger bits of glitter look together. Gorgeous! I'm not sure how it's "3D", exactly, but maybe I'm just not wearing my 3D glasses. Someone tip me off if I'm missing a crucial step here. ;)

That was Nails Inc Bloomsbury Square, and I love it. Unfortunately, these kinds of dense glitter polishes tend to chip easily, and now at the end of the day I've already lost a couple chunks of lacquer. In my opinion, it's worth it.

Have you tried the Nails Inc 3D glitters before? What did you think of them? What kind of wear time did you get? And if viewed with 3D glasses, are they actually 3D? Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. They are both gorgeous (but I do have a weak purple spot) :)

    I have tw awards for you, you can see thee rules and pick them up here:
    http://mariasnailpolishblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/laine-blogger-award-and-liebster-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That glitter is phenomenal!!! Love the effect it gives!

    www.dianecristi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I've been lemming for Bloomsbury Square forever and didn't really think I needed but but mannnnn, your swatches are convincing me otherwise. It is goooorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty stunning; I wish the Nails Inc didn't come with the heftier price tag. I know there is a $3 Wet N Wild dupe for it, though. I haven't been able to find it in my neck of the woods, but it might still be floating around if you're in the U.S. Either way, it's a super gorgeous and intensely bright (brighter than it looks here) glitter.

      Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  4. ahhh love purple! this combo is muchas cute! x

    ReplyDelete